The capacitors shall be measured as prescribed in the relevant specification according to International standard IEC 62391-1
- Unless otherwise stated in the relevant specification, one of the following test as set out in the same specification shall be applied
- For all capacitors ,including electrolytic capacitor and electrical capacitor, expect those items b) and c) below, apply method 1A of Test Tb of IEC 60068-2-20, with
–temperature of the solder bath: 260℃±5℃;
–depeth of the immersion from the seating plane 20-0.5mm,using a thermal insulating screen of 1,5 mm ±0.5mm thickness;
–immersion time: 5s or 10 s, as specified in the detail specification.
- b) For capacitors not designed for use in printed boards as indicated by the detail specification apply:
1) method 1B of test Tb of IEC 60068-2-20, with;
-temperature of solder bath: 350℃±10℃;
-depth of immersion from the component body; 3.50-0.5mm;
-immersion time:3.5s ±0.5s, The whole process of immersion, dwell in the bath and withdrawal shall be completed in not more than 5 s nor less than 3.5s; or
2)method 2: Soldering iron of Test Tb of IEC 60068-2-20, with:
-temperature of the soldering iron: 350℃；
-soldering time :10s ±1 s.
The size of the soldering iron and the point of application shall be specified in the detail specification.
- For surface mount capacitors (including ultra capacitors)apply Test of IEC 60068-2-58. The relevant specification shall prescribe the severity and attitude to be used fro the resistance to soldering heat test consistent with the surface mounting classification(see IEC 61760-1)
2.The period of recovery shall, unless otherwise specified by the detail specification, be not less than 1 h nor more than 2h, expect for surface mount capacitors, for which the period of recovery shall be 24h ±2 h.
- For all capacitors, expect surface mount capacitors, the following shall apply:
-when the test has been carried out the capacitors shall be visually examined;
-there shall be no visible damage and the marking shall be legible;
-the capacitors shall then be measured as prescribed in the relevant specification.
Surface mount capacitors shall be visually examined and measured and shall meet the requirements as prescribed in the relevant specification.
Supreme Power Solutions Co., Ltd. (SPS) is a leading manufacturer of ultracapacitors, as well as a provider of ultracapacitor energy storage systems and technological solutions. Our products have wide industry applications, such as new energy vehicles, wind turbines pitchcontrol systems, trams and subways, smart grid, micro grid, heavy duty machineries, intelligent instrument, etc. We support more than 200 customers, and our products are exported to 26 countries and territories.